Monday, September 15, 2008

Poison Ivy/oak

As I am not a doctor, I can not tell you what to use for poison ivy or poison oak but I know just what I will use.

First I will heat some water and put about five NETTLE tea bags in this water or a handful of fresh or dried leaves. Now to let NETTLE do its work by simmering for a short while.

Next I apply the tea bags to the areas that are itching, allowing them to sit on the skin. With a cloth dampened from this tea, I also wash the area.

The first things that will happen is that the itching will stop. Soon the toxins will be neutralized. NETTLE has the ability to do this even in the wild.

When I first learned to eat fresh NETTLE, I was taught to fold the leaf up onto itself thus breaking the spine where the antidote to the stings of this plant is found. This antidote helps with a lot of different toxins and poison ivy is just one.

Drinking NETTLE tea from time to time is helpful for neutralizing toxins inside the body.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have you grown this herb? I would love to know more about growing conditions, etc...